Last updated: October 14, 2020
Terms not defined in this Policy shall have the meaning given to them in our Terms & Conditions. This Policy is part of, and is governed by, the terms and conditions set forth in our Terms & Conditions located at https://www.acertaralabs.com/termsandconditions/.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website, among its many uses.
- Country refers to the United States.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, cellphone, or digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that related to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Site or any other website, pages, features, or content owned or operated by the Company.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-Party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Site refers to Acertara Labs, accessible from https://www.acertaralabs.com/termsandconditions/.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data: While using our Service, we may ask You to provide us with personally identifiable information, which is information that may be used to identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but it is not limited to, your email address, first and last name, phone number, address, state, province, ZIP or postal code, or usage data.
- Usage Data: Usage data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
- Necessary & Essential Cookies: These are session cookies administered by us, that are essential for providing you with services available through the Site and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, many of our services cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies: These are persistent cookies administered by us that allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Site, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Site.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To Provide Our Service: We use personal data to provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service, to investigate misuse, and to prevent and mitigate any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit, or illegal activities on our Service or in violation of our Terms & Conditions.
- To Manage Accounts: We use personal data to manage your account, and to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- To Respond to Requests: When you contact us with questions, feedback, or any other reason, we use personal data that you provide to respond to your request.
- For the Performance of Contracts: We use personal data for the performance of a contract, and for the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To Comply with Legal and Regulatory Obligations: The Company is subject to certain laws and regulations, which may require us to process your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to pay our taxes, fulfill our business obligations, to comply with FDA regulations, or as necessary for us to manage our risks as required under applicable law.
- To Send You Service-Related Communications: We use personal data to contact you by email, through calls, through SMS, push notifications, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To Send You Interest-Related Communications: We use personal data to provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
When We Share Your Information with Third Parties
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- For Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With Other Users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas of our Site with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside of the Site. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you, and view your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security of the Site or to improve the functionality of our Service, or if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, or in response to valid requests by public authorities, such as a court or government agencies.
- Other Legal Requirements: The Company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the general public, and to protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once per year about sharing their personal data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services, or applications to request and obtain the removal of content or information they have publicly posted. To request the removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below. Please include the email address associated with your account. Be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online, and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites